Healthy skin is not something that happens by chance. Anyone who has a routine for maintaining their skin’s health will tell you that it takes a lot of effort. This means that you have to wash your face twice daily, apply sunblock each morning, and moisturize every night. You also need to remove all makeup before going to bed.
Don’t worry, we are here to help! We have eight skin-friendly tips we believe will make it easier to care for your skin no matter what your age. Let’s get started!
1.Use the right cleanser for your skin type
- Hyaluronic acid is a great cleanser to help maintain your skin’s hydration. Be careful not to use too many acids on your skin. This includes retinol products which also exfoliate. Even sensitive skin can find acids too harsh.
You can use bismuth oxychloride to counteract the acidic effects. Bismuth oxychloride, also known as BOO, is a mineral that regulates the skin’s pH and helps prevent breakouts.
Apply moisturizer to seal in moisture after you have used acids.
2.Switch up your skincare routine once in awhile
It’s a good idea to change up your skincare routine every other month. This will ensure your skin receives the best products and that you don’t get burned out. Switching up your cleanser is a great way to change up your routine. You can switch to a non-retinol cleanser if you are currently using one. It will make your skin feel softer and more even-toned.
3. Your skin is young and should not be treated with too many skincare products. Too much can do more harm than good. To keep your skin radiant and free of toxins, make sure you only use 100% natural products.
4. A facial cleansing brush is a must-have! These can be used to cleanse your skin or to exfoliate. But, what they are really good at is removing any makeup at the end the day.
5. Remember to apply sunscreen, even in the rainy season! Although gradual sun exposure can improve your Vitamin D levels, it can also cause wrinkles and sunspots which can take a while to fade. Vitamin D cream can be expensive. Apply SPF 30 or more before you go out in the sun, rain or shine.
6. A healthy diet is essential for flawless skin. You can absorb many nutrients from fruits and vegetables directly through your skin. This means that eating foods high in vitamins A, C and E can reduce redness, dry patches, and blemishes and leave you with beautiful skin.
7. Start getting enough sleep every night if you don’t already. To get rid of bags or dark circles under your eyes, you will need to make lifestyle changes that allow you to get enough sleep every night.